How to Extend Your Support and Help Someone Grieve the Loss of a Pet?
Most of us would agree that pets bring joy and happiness to our lives. But did you know that keeping a pet can also help you feel less stressed, keep your blood pressure down, and even lower your cholesterol? That's why it's upsetting when the time arrives to say goodbye to a beloved cat or dog. In this article, we will cover one of the most emotionally painful stages in pet parenting: pet loss and how to deal with the loss of a pet.
The power of pet relationships- Why does the loss of a pet hurt so much?
Little furry friends change the way we see the whole world. They rebuild our emotions. Our love and compassion get new dimensions. Keeping a pet also makes our own relationships better with family, friends and relatives. Pets are witty, inspiring, and genuinely deserving of the title of "best friend. Pets are the epitome of unconditional love, and they teach us humans more than we think.
One of the more unfortunate truths about pets is that death and disease are unavoidable. All animals are born with a set number of days, weeks, and months. They may be full of life and eager to please, but sooner or later they'll reach their natural end. Everyone bears the loss differently.When someone loses a pet, it can feel like the world has lost a piece of light. Afterall, Pets are not just animals; they are our family members and great friends.
We understand, you and your entire family, have so many great memories and amusing anecdotes that will keep them alive among you while you are living in the grief of losing pets.
How to help someone grieve the loss of a pet?
1. Recognize that simply sitting quietly while someone is sobbing may be beneficial. Many individuals believe they must say something to make their loved one "feel better," which is not true.
2. Simply talk about the pet. Mention the pet name and genuinely acknowledge how she/ he gave such a great life to that guffey pet. This will genuinely improve your loved one's mood.
3. Respect your loved one's desire for privacy or space.
4. Share your memory with the pet, maybe in terms of photographs or videos to see a smile in their eyes looking at their pet who just left them recently.
5. Recognise the loss, whether the person is outwardly sorrowful or appears to be going about their routine joyfully.
6. Keep your friend social, take them shopping, spend quality time in a garden, go on a long walk or drive or encourage them to do something he or she loves to do.
7. Keep the pet's memory alive. Gift a custom pet figurine to your friend that can be the greatest companion to cope with the loss of a pet.
Grieving the loss of a pet- The Dos and Don'ts:
1. Acknowledge your feelings: It’s normal to feel sad, angry, or guilty after your pet dies. Allow yourself to grieve in whatever way feels natural to you. Keeping the personalized pet figurines of your pet friend can help you to grieve in a healthy manner by having them by your sides.
2. Talk about your pet: Talking about your pet can help you cope with your loss. Share stories and photos with friends and family members who are also grieving.
3. Get support from others: There are many online support groups for people who have lost pets. These groups can provide valuable information and emotional support.
4. Take care of yourself: Grief can be physically and emotionally draining. Make sure to get plenty of rest, eat healthy foods, and exercise regularly.
5. Seek professional help: If your grief is impacting your everyday life, consider seeking professional counseling. A therapist can help you work through your feelings and develop healthy coping mechanisms.
6. Once you have accepted that the pet is gone, you can begin to grieve healthily. This means expressing your emotions, whether through writing, talking to friends, or participating in activities that honor your pet's memory.
7. Keep the memory of your pet alive with a customized pet figurine of your pet who is no more with you. You can keep the ashes of your pet in a Pet Urn figurine.
8. Finally, allow yourself time to heal. Grief is a process, and there is no set timeline for how long it will take. Allow yourself the time and space you need to work through your emotions and get to a place of acceptance.
9. You can volunteer at an animal shelter or rescue organization. This can be a great way to honor your pet's memory while helping other animals in need.
1. Grief can be exhausting, both emotionally and physically. Don’t be hard on yourself. Dont stop taking care of yourself during this difficult time.
2. Recognize that it is normal to feel a range of emotions when you lose a pet. You may feel sadness, anger, guilt, or loneliness. Don’t control your emotions and don’t regulate them so much. It is just as natural as life and death.
3. Don't bottle up your emotions. Talk to friends or family members about how you're feeling. If you don't have anyone to talk to, consider writing in a journal.
4. Avoid making any major decisions immediately after the loss of your pet. Wait until you have had time to grieve before making any big changes in your life.
5. Don’t be in a hurry to replace your loss by adopting another furry friend. Take your time to recover and relieve the pain.
The loss of a pet is irreplaceable. But, the bond you shared with each other can stay alive with you forever. Animal figurines of your favorite pet is a great way of keeping them by your side forever. You can keep a customized Pet figurine in your desk or on your cozy corners. You may express yourself freely with such realistic-looking pet miniatures.
Our one of a kind of customized pet figurines like Dog figurine and Cat Clones will leave you amazed and surprised while you will see them. We transform images of your pet to real life like pet figurines which will resemble your furry friends. We highly value your emotion, so we craft them with utmost love to recreate the figurine version of the pet. Your pet's Personalized Urn Figure is a one-of-a-kind figurine that serves as an Urn. Each Pet Urns figurine has a compartment for storing ashes within the statue.
Just send us a few images, we can build an identical pet copy of your pet. Sandstone is used to create our pet figurines or tiny statues at My3dselfie. We produce an accurate copy of your pet thanks to the talents of our craftsmen and 3d technology. Our 3D printed dog figurines are available in a variety of sizes and poses. The sizes range from 2.2 inches to 7.5/8 inches in length.Don't just keep the pets in memory, keep them at your side for the rest of your life.. Book your order for a pet figurine now at My3dSelfie.